26468 E Walker Dr, Aurora, Colorado 80016-6104
26468 E Walker Dr, Aurora, Colorado 80016-6104 Aurora, CO 80016
get a ride
Start: Thursday, October 4, 2018 1:00 PM
End: Thursday, October 4, 2018 2:00 PM
tell friends »
add to calendar: outlook, google, yahoo
Event Features: Business-Related
Neighborhood: Avenue of the Arts
OVERVIEW Conflict is an inevitable part of life. No matter how hard you try, it can seem that there will always be something that causes you or someone around you to be frustrated, angry, and impatient – or a whole host of other not-so-pleasant emotions.
Conflict arises when the people we work with have different ideas, perspectives, backgrounds, values, goals or expectations. Yes, conflict can be destructive! It diverts energy from more important activities and issues; it polarizes people and reduces co¬operation; and it can produce irresponsible behavior.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
Time is Money. There are a variety of direct costs to the organization associated with poorly managed conflict, including, in the worst cases, the loss of customers and good employees. One that is visible to everyone is the time taken to successfully resolve issues.
These seven points will be covered:
• Identify the top six causes of conflict and which one produces the most problems
• Understand the iceberg concept of conflict – what’s above and below the water line
• Define five conflict management styles and match each style to different conflict situations
• Decide if you’re a shark or a turtle or a teddy bear or a fox or owl in how you handle conflict.
• Learn how to keep your cool and react in a professional manner in the heat of the moment.
• Learn the language of positive communication to reduce negative emotions, especially anger.
• Recognize the four types of difficult people that drive you crazy and how to deal with them.
The crucial issue is not whether conflict, disagreement and difficult people can be avoided; the real concern is how they can be dealt with that will lead to positive outcomes. If managed improperly, businesses’ productivity, operational effectiveness, and morale take a major hit. On the other hand, when channeled through the right tools and expertise, conflict can lead to a better understanding of others, improved solutions to problems or challenges, and major innovation.
WHO WILL BENEFIT
CEO’s, COO’s, VP of Human Resources, Chief Learning Officer, Directors, Project Managers, Operation Managers and Supervisors, Team Leaders, Human Resources Professionals.
For more detail please click on this below link:
Toll Free: +1-888-300-8494