June 08, 2021 to December 01, 2021Get this Deal
48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable. No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate. Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in. No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in. Must be 18+ to check in. Credit card required at check-in. Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability. Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
Coastal hotel with views of the Pacific Ocean, featuring a spa, fitness center, restaurant, and bar; includes a bottle of wine
Hotel at a Glance: Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa
Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa can be a great destination for those looking for a bit of luxury. Located on a historic property on the Pacific Coast, the hotel offers views of the ocean, which can be enjoyed from select rooms or the rooftop. When they want to relax in their rooms, guests can take advantage of pillow-top mattresses and Zent’s spa bathroom amenities.
- Celebrate your getaway with an included bottle of wine.
- Be pampered with massages, facials, and body wraps at the Vista Blue Spa, named one of Travel & Leisure’s TOP 25 Spas.
- Stay in shape, exercising at the fitness center equipped with cardio equipment and weights while enjoying views of Monterey Bay.
- Enjoy seafood at Schooners, a restaurant with an outdoor patio which also offers local and international wines and classic drinks with a twist.
Monterey, California: Scenic Beaches and Marine Wildlife on the Pacific Coast
The city of Monterey is at Monterey Bay’s southern end, in an area considered one of the world’s most scenic thanks to its rugged cliffs and dramatic ocean views. Author John Steinbeck lived for several years in the neighboring town of Pacific Grove, and he immortalized this part of central California in works such as East of Eden and Of Mice and Men. In Cannery Row, Steinbeck depicted the Monterey fish-canning industry at the turn of the 20th century. Today, a tourist destination of the same name houses souvenir shops and eateries right where the sardine factories used to be.
Among the city’s must-see attractions is the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Its mesmerizing displays include a living kelp forest filled with leopard sharks and wolf eels. Note, the Aquarium is currently closed, opening information can be found here. For those who want to get closer to the sea, there’s the oceanfront Monterey Bay Coastal Recreation Trail, where sea lions sunbathe on the rocks and otters play in the surf. A variety of whales pass by the shores of Monterey all year; visitors might also spot a few dolphins from aboard one of the popular harbor cruises.
Inland-View King Room, Partial Ocean-View King Room, Ocean-View King Room, and Harbor-View King Room
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
Inland-View Double-Queen Room, Partial Ocean-View Double-Queen Room, Ocean-View Double-Queen Room, and Harbor-View Double-Queen Room
- Two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: $20 per night for each additional guest 13 or older; kids 12 or younger stay free
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 12 p.m.
- Parking: valet available for an additional $32 per day.
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available during booking or at check-in for an additional cost.